Insurance Resourcing – Aug 01
Seattle, Washington, United States
$15 to $16/hr to start
August 01, 2017
Do you want to learn insurance? Here’s a great temp to perm way to learn the ABC’s of business insurance! The hourly rate would be $15 to $16, and the position would be temp for up to 3 weeks, at which time, it may go permanent if there is a good fit.
The client is a large national Wholesale insurance brokerage located in downtown Seattle. You would be at the front desk and would be doing reception work/greeting customers, as well as learning how to process submissions from agencies. This is an excellent way to get a feel for the industry and decide if you would like to start a career in it.
Here’s what your day will look like:
• Meet quality measurement goals by delivering high quality service in answering incoming phone calls on multi-line phone system.
• Log in all visitors and guests information for building access via Workspeed on the Internet.
• Continually check and distribute all incoming faxes throughout the day.
• Data entry into production system (Riskman). Log in all incoming policies and clear submissions. Set up initial marketing folders for various broker teams, as requested.
• Set up renewal files 90 days prior to renewal date.
• Request loss runs from carrier 90-days prior to the expiration date of an existing policy, unless otherwise specified on the pre-renewal checklist. If loss runs information is not received within 14 days from request, contact the carrier. See requirements in QP 10-11.
• Follow procedures in QP 10-07 to handle incoming claims within 24 hours of receipt.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 1-3 years office experience with heavy computer/phones/multi-tasking
• Desire to learn/any experience in commercial property/casualty & surplus lines insurance
• Exceptional organization, follow-up, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Exhibit good listening skills and a willingness to help and support others
• Advanced skill level in PC software (Word, Excel and other software, as required)
The company wants to hire ASAP. Email your resume to or call 425-298-0278.